HINT: The Viewer
Programs to view HINT files
Documentation and Sources
The hint viewer software consists of a backend, written in C and several
frontends. The backend is reusable, the frontends are specific for an
operating system. Currently two frontends are available: for Windows and for
Android. The Android HintView is joint work with Prof. Gudrun Socher.
A book is in preparation. The sources will become available with the
In the backend:
- Page Templates
Consequently no support for footnotes or floats.
- Postscript Type1 fonts
Only PK and TrueType fonts are supported
In the frontend:
- The Android viewer has no print support.
- These are pre-release versions of the HINT file viewer. They are still buggy but can be used to conduct experiments.
- These programs are still under continuous develpoment. So dont ask for support.
- If you want to help, send me immediately an email to ruckert (at) cs.hm.edu.
- If you own a company and want to use HINT files and HINT viewers as part of your products,
send me an email to ruckert (at) cs.hm.edu.
Back to the project home page